Wednesday 30 October 2013

Final Name and Slogan Ideas

Now that I am coming to the end of my initial research I think it's important that I make the final decisions on my name and slogan so that I can start making the shot list and my story board. I've decided not to have only citrus flavored drinks as I think this narrows the target audience down and isn't something particularly necessary. I've decided that the flavors will be strawberry, lemon and cherry.
 I've decided on these 3 flavors as each of them tastes very different which means each drink will appeal to different people. I've chosen my final name to be 'Wakiki' as this relates to the fruits and can also be linked to the design of the bottle as it will be tropical; the message that the adverts are going to be giving is that the drink is an escape, something which people can drink to get away from their reality and make themselves feel better- which is similar to 'Waikiki' the place. Furthermore, this is a very catchy name and would definitely be remembered.
The main thing that I have struggled to make a decision on is the slogan, however I believe that my final decision does relate to the name and the message that the adverts will be giving. "Try a taste of sunshine" is catchy and memorable, it links to the name as it's named after a Hawaiian island, it also links in to the message as 'sunshine' has connotations of happiness and summer, which also links in with the fruity flavors.
Each drink will have their own separate name depending on the flavor, 'Strawberry Sunshine'. This is the main drink from the selection and will be the main drink featured in the adverts; the use of 'sunshine' in the name links back to the slogan, therefore it's more memorable and recognisable. 
The second drink is 'Lemon Twist', the word 'twist' makes it sound very different, as the 'twist' to a normal lemon drink is that it's alcoholic, from my research I found out that they are hardly any lemon based alcoholic drinks, therefore this means it's different to most other alcopops.
The third and final drink is called 'Cherry Bay'- the name links to the idea of the name 'Waikiki' being a tropical island, 'bay' presents the drink to be very summery and has calm, relaxed connotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment