Tuesday 22 October 2013

Initial ideas.. What I've Learned From My Research


From my research I believe I have successfully learned the codes and conventions of advertising, particularly for advertising alcohol. Furthermore, the research that I have completed on the restrictions of advertising alcohol and the rules that need to be followed has allowed me to understand which themes and ideas I will be appropriate for my advert. The adverts which I believe will be most similar to my own adverts are those for 'WKD' and 'Smirnoff Ice' as these drinks are very similar to mine, with a similar target audience, therefore the light hearted, slightly comical themes may be included in to my adverts. Furthermore, from watching a variety of adverts I have learned that most ads present the iea that the product being advertised is necessary and will bring joy to the person once received. For example, most adverts for food and drink or clothes present the message that the protagonist in the advert, and therefore the target audience as well will be happier and better off with the product. I would like to incorporate this message within each of my adverts as its a very common convention that makes advertising more persuasive. 


I have recently been planning and thinking of some ideas for my adverts. 
As my drink is alcoholic and aimed at quite a young target audience, i think that most of my adverts should be set at a house party as this is a typical setting for students partying as it's cheap which is similar to the drink itself. Furthermore I have chosen to have people around the ages of 18-23 as this is my main target audience. To make sure that all of the adverts are clearly recognised to be advertising the same product, I think that the setting for each advert should be very similar or even the same place as its important that there's something recognisable in each of my adverts. Although my drink is targeted at both genders, mainly females answered my survey to say that they did drink alcohol and alcopops, therefore the majority of actors in my advert will be female. 




No comments:

Post a Comment