Tuesday 9 July 2013

Analysis of 'Fanta' Advert



Before I start planning my advert I thought that I should have a look at an advert for a non alcoholic drink so that I could see the difference between the two types of ads. 


From watching this advert it's clear that this is aimed at a much younger target audience as the whole advert is animated, whereas none of the alcohol adverts I have researched were animated. However something that I did notice was similar was the the way that it's presented that the drink gives someone a special power. Similarly to characters in both the alcohol adverts from the 1980's and the Smirnoff Ice adverts, Fanta gives the young girl in this advert power, additionally it gives her confidence. Furthermore something else similar which I noticed was the attitude and happiness of the people in the advert, like in the other adverts I have analysed, this Fanta advert shows people dancing, partying and having a good time whilst drinking Fanta, which therefore promotes this lifestyle, similarly to the other adverts which I've researched. Perhaps because Fanta is an established and recognised brand, there's no need for a close up or any explanation of the drink, which is most likely why there isn't much of a focus on the brand itself.


 Additionally, the colours used in the Fanta ad are very bright and colourful, reflecting the fruit flavour of the drink itself. This isn't very common for alcohol adverts are they are usually more mature, for example- you can tell by the target audience.. Smirnoff Ice is aimed at young adults (mainly people who are only just legal to drink alcohol). These adverts are bright, colourful, fun and lighthearted. Whereas adverts for a drink aimed at an older and more of a higher class target audience such as Whisky, have much more serious adverts, usually only focusing on the drink and not having a large colour palette. These are all things that I will need to consider; I will need to choose whether to advertise a more serious drink, something that would be aimed at an older target audience. Or if I would like to advertise a drink targeted at a younger target audience with a fun and more lighthearted advert, similar to this Fanta advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment