Thursday 18 July 2013

Research of Television Advertising

Television adverts can be divided up into different sectors, 'mini dramas', 'spokesperson presentation', 'voice over' and 'pitch presentation'. Which type of advert it will be depends on the product or service being advertised; something important that I will need to consider when creating my own adverts is which type of advert I will choose, considering my product and the target audience.
Some adverts are targeted to show the brand, this is often shown at the very end of the advert to build suspense for the viewers. Adverts are usually kept fairly simple when it comes to editing and camera-work and the cuts and effects are mainly created to look natural. As I'm fairly experienced and confident with using a camera and filming I believe that this is something I will find easy. As I'm not very confident with editing and using Premiere, the fact that editing is kept simple is useful for me as it means I can focus on other aspects and succeed in these. Adverts almost always use some sort of music for engagement and entertainment, as I plan on targeting my product at a fairly young target audience including music will be very important for me. Many people consider advertising an art form, something which, if done well, will be remembered for years to come. In recent years, adverts have become a part of our current life and culture, it's almost impossible to think of a world without advertising; the majorty of adverts which have become so famous and effective is because the adverts have been kept simple, which is something that I plan to achieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment