Thursday 18 July 2013

Research of Radio Advertising

Before coming up with ideas about my radio advert I thought that I should carry out some research about the codes and conventions as radio advertising is the sector that I'm least confident with. 

- The approximate length of an advert is 30-40 seconds
- a voice over narrates the advert, describing the product
- descriptions of where the product can be found are told
- there's usually a slogan or keywords to do with the product
- often humorous
- middle class narrators usually used to appeal to most audiences
- rhetorical questions used to engage listeners
- music often used as background noise

From learning these codes and conventions I'm now aware of what I will need to consider when I begin planning my radio advert, from my previous knowledge of radio advertising I know that the radio ad will need to link in firmly with the other adverts so that the listeners see the link. 

All information was found on Wikipedia. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_advertising

1 comment: