Wednesday 17 July 2013

What I'm Hoping to Achieve

One of my first blog posts was about my progress from AS to A2 work and how last years coursework had helped me learn and develop; I also discussed what I hoped to achieve during my A2 coursework. So far I haven't had much of a chance to learn many new skills as all I've been doing is researching, however I have found that my research this year was a lot easier and of a higher standard as I've already experienced researching last year which meant that I knew what I needed to research and how to link it to my coursework. My analysis of adverts has developed throughout my research so far, my new knowledge on advertising taught me exactly what to pick out in adverts and how I could relate it to my planning. In addition, using conventions from real media texts is something which I believe is one of my strong points as for my coursework last year I successfully picked out the codes and conventions from real thriller films and changed and adapted them to suit our film, sometimes following codes and conventions and other times breaking them. This is something which I have already begun to think about for my adverts; my research on advertising and various alcohol adverts so far has helped me understand how adverts differ depending on the target audience of the product.

I'm still hoping to become more experienced with digital technology as I know I will have to know and understand when it comes to filming and editing. Although I gained some experience last year, I often relied on other people to help me when it came to editing on Adobe Premiere Pro, so developing my editing skills is something which I really need to achieve. Furthermore I need to improve my post-production skills as again I often relied on other people to do this work as I feel as though I'm much better at planning and filming rather than using digital technology. One aspect in particular that I really hope to improve on is sound; last year we used a few sound effects and other non diagetic sounds in the coursework however I still don't feel confident with connecting the non diagetic sounds with the film. As I'm coming towards the end of my research one thing I really need to consider is how my research will help me with my planning and how I can link these things, not only analysing adverts but understand what I can take from each advert so that I can develop my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment