Saturday 29 March 2014

Editing My Second Advert

As I now have all of the footage I need to begin editing my main adverts, I began editing my second advert. As I already had the majority of footage for this advert it was already edited so that I only had to ad two shots to the existing advert. However, when it came to putting the advert together I realised that the narrative of the advert didn't really make sense. I showed the advert to some other people to get different perspectives and received mixed opinions. However I then went through this advert with my teacher and we decided that it would be better if I changed the storyline slightly. I decided to change it so that rather than the protagonist imagining she was at a party, she is actually 'transported' there by drinking 'Waikiki'. I think this is a much better idea as it fits in with the theme of my sponsorship, sending the message that the drink makes things much better. I learned how to use tools such as the cropping tool, which meant that I was able to import my footage and then cut some parts down so that I had the exact parts I needed. I found this tool really helpful and easy to use as the footage I have often doesn't actually have any action at the beginning of the clip and often has pauses in the middle which I am now able to trim down using this cropping tool. I found out about this tool by watching a YouTube tutorial as I had been struggling with this problem for a while; I typed the problem I was having in to Google, and the tutorial was suggested. I am pleased I found out about this tool and will definitely use more tutorials for help when editing from now on as it's helped me improve my work and saved me a lot of time.


 Therefore, in my sponsorship, taking a sip of 'Waikiki' triggers flashing lights and music, then in my main advert, the drink transports you to a place where other people are having fun. To make this new idea work better I have decided to keep the existing footage of the protagonist at a party, however I will be re filming the beginning of the advert where she is at home before the party. When I re film I will be keeping the same camera angles and location, and just change the acting slightly so that the new storyline makes sense. Overall, I am really happy that I've changed this advert as I felt that it was the weakest of all of my adverts so far, therefore I hope that changing the narrative will vastly improve my advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment