Saturday 1 March 2014

Second Time Filming

I decided to film for my first sponsorship advert, which involves a girl taking a bottle of 'Waikiki' out of the fridge and taking the lid off to find the lights in the kitchen started flashing and there was loud music playing. I found this time round a lot easier than I did the first time I filmed as I was a lot more confident filming only one person as it was much easier to direct. The shots were mainly close ups and mid shots which I found very easy to film. Because of what happened the last time I filmed, I made sure that the cameras was attached to the tripod correctly to prevent any shaking from the camera, I also went through and watched all the clips after I had finished filming to see how they looked, just in case I had to re film anything at the time. The main thing I struggled with whilst filming this time was continuity. There was a lot of moving around with the drink bottle and I had to make sure it didn't move too much or twist around so that the label wasn't showing. I think that because I was a lot more calm and prepared for this filming session it was much more successful than the first time I filmed. 

When I came to putting the footage on to Premiere to edit it I was very pleased with all of my shots, especially the flashing lights as one of my main worries was that this wouldn't come across how I wanted it to however I was very pleased with it. However, when I imported all of the clips I noticed that there were two parts missing, involving the protagonist reaching in to the fridge to get out the bottle of 'Waikiki' and then smiling at the drink. Unfortunately I was unable to find these clips as they had already been erased from the camera. Originally I decided I was only going to re film these two clips that were missing, however I realised that this would most likely cause a continuity error as the items in the fridge surrounding the drink wouldn't be the same, therefore I have decided to re film this advert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment