Saturday 1 March 2014

First Time Filming

The first time I began filming I found it very unusual as last year I was used to working in a group which meant that we made all of our decisions together. I found it hard to film at first as setting up with the camera and looking at the storyboards, choosing exactly where to film came as a struggle. After I had set up the camera and organised people I found it difficult to direct. As all of my adverts included the same party scene in the end of the advert, I thought it would be best if I filmed this part first so that I could work around the rest of the adverts using this footage as a base. However, there were about 15-20 people that I needed to film which meant that directing them was a struggle as I had to shout and make sure people listened and understood what they needed to do. Once I started filming I found it a lot easier and enjoyable, as I had worked with the same cameras before I found it very easy to use the cameras and tripods to work with. One thing that did become a problem was the location; I had to change location about a week before I filmed which meant that some of the shots I had planned on my storyboard had to be changed; however once I had found a suitable place for these shots to be filmed everything went smoothly from this point. Although I got a lot of filming completed on this day I wasn't satisfied with the footage for several reasons, the main one being that the camera was shaky in most of the footage from where it hadn't been secured on to the tripod correctly. Another reason being I didn't think some of the shots looked very good when I edited my work together, therefore I decided to re film this party scene.

NEED TO INCLUDE IMAGES

No comments:

Post a Comment