Saturday 8 March 2014

First Time Editing

This week I began editing two of my adverts, my sponsorship and one of my main adverts (first main advert). As I have had to re film the majority of my adverts it's meant that up until now I haven't had a proper chance to edit, however last weekend I filmed my sponsorship and everything was successful which meant I was able to begin editing. As I had edited all of my animatics it meant that I had some practice before I edited together the real product; this made me much more confident when it came to editing on Adobe Premiere Pro as I know the basics already. My sponsorship only really involved cutting parts of the advert, seeing how long each shot needed to last which meant I had to look back to my storyboard to see the shot length. I found this fairly easy to do and quickly pieced everything together. I then decided to add in the diagetic sound in to my advert which was the music coming in at the part where the lights begin to flash. I feel like this advert is coming together very well and hope that this advert will be successful. I'm happy that I began editing my sponsorship advert first as it doesn't require too much knowledge of how to edit, therefore when it comes to editing my main adverts I will have had some more experience and it will be easier for me to learn new editing techniques. 

On Tuesday I filmed a part of my second main advert which I also began to edit this week. It was slightly harder for me to edit this advert as I had parts that were needed that I hadn't filmed which meant I had to leave blank spaces in between some of the footage. I began by choosing which shots I would use as I had filmed more than one version of each shot. Once I had decided on this I cut them down based on how long my storyboard said each shot would be held for; I then placed them together so that the advert started to flow. This is all I have done at the moment but I'm happy with the start I have made to this advert and will continue editing over the next week; I also plan on re filming the other part for this advert next week so that I can add this footage in so that the whole advert comes together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment