Saturday 1 March 2014

Fourth Filming Session

Over the half term I filmed my second advert. Before I began filming I encountered a problem; when I went to collect the equipment there weren't any of the cameras or tripods that I was used to working with, which meant I had to use a small camera and a different tripod that I hadn't used before. Before I filmed I practiced with this camera a couple of times and learned how to use it, however on the day I started filming I filmed two shots and then the camera switched itself off and wouldn't work again. Luckily one of my actors was also a Media student and had another camera with them which they let me use. There was only one person in this advert, which I prefer as it's much easier to film when there are no distractions. I think that one of them problems that arose was the lack of space. I was filming the advert in a bedroom which meant I didn't have much room for the tripod and didn't manage a variety of angles because of this. When I put the footage onto Premiere to begin editing I didn't think that the footage looked very good as it was dim and slightly blurred. I also found that the clips I had filmed on the smaller camera before it broke looked a lot brighter than the other footage I had gained off the second camera I use which meant I couldn't use these together. Because of the low quality footage and some other issues such as the brightness and difference in footage form each camera I have chosen to re film this advert, next time making sure I use one of the higher quality cameras. Although this was an unsuccessful attempt at filming I am glad I did it as I learned how to use different cameras and tripods which has allowed me to gain a better understanding of the equipment, also realising which cameras work best for my adverts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment